Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sad Mac...


I got the teaching blues today. It was my last sections for the semester and I was so sad to say goodbye to my students. They were both such great classes. They were so cute at the end too, they each gave me a round of applause. It made my heart smile. One of my favorite students came up to me after class and said it was the best section he's ever been in and that "when students are laughing it means they are learning" so that I should keep up the humor.

While I've definitely felt oooober exhausted this semester from teaching and dissertation anxiety, it's also been a really good semester in reminding me why I came here in the first place. I absolutely love love love teaching. I just am going to have to work on the separation anxiety I seem to get when classes end...such a sad mac.

2 comments:

Cabiria said...

Awww! It sounds like it was the sweet kind of sad though -- and I am not at all surprised that your students loved your class!

Dolce Vita said...

Welcome back to the blog-o-sphere. I had given up on your page and am so glad to see you've emerged from the Michigan haze.